Night Out With Darcy Tucker Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The “Be A Challenger Night Out with Darcy Tucker” contest (the “Contest”) is held by Collins Barrow National Cooperative Incorporated (the “Contest Sponsor”) between 12:01:00 p.m. (EST) on November 16, 2016 and 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on December 14, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
2. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest’s Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”).
3. This Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province of residence. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Sponsor, its parent or related companies, publicity or promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to the Contest, as well as their immediate family members (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and all persons with whom these employees, agents or representatives reside, whether related or not, are excluded from the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
4. Participation methods: No product purchase is required to enter the Contest. To enter, you must use one or more of the following participation methods during the Contest Period:
(1) Instagram. During the Contest Period, log into your Instagram account and create a new post that:
- includes a picture of your “crazy eyes”;
- includes the hashtag #BeAChallenger; and
(2) Twitter. During the Contest Period, log into your Twitter account and send a tweet that:
- includes a picture of your “crazy eyes”;
- includes the hashtag #BeAChallenger; and
- and tags @CollinsBarrow and @16DarcyTucker (each a “Tweet”), for one (1) entry into the Contest. You must have a valid Twitter account, and the Tweet must be public (i.e. not “protected”), to enter in this fashion. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free account. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible. Your entry must comply with Twitter’s terms of service, located at https://twitter.com/tos.
(3) Facebook. During the Contest Period, log into your Facebook account, visit https://www.facebook.com/collinsbarrow (the “Sponsor Facebook Page”) and both like our Contest Post and create a new post
- includes a picture of your “crazy eyes”;
- includes the hashtag #BeAChallenger; and
- and tags @CollinsBarrow (each a “Facebook Interaction”), for one (1) entry into the Contest. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.Facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free account. Anyone found to use multiple Facebook accounts to enter will be ineligible. Your entry must comply with all Facebook policies, located at http://www.facebook.com/policies.
For each Instagram Interaction, Tweet and Facebook Interaction validly made through the participation methods described above during the Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules, the participant will be granted one (1) chance to participate (each, an “Entry”) in the Contest Draw. There is no limit on the number of Entries a participant may submit during the Contest Period; however, duplicate Instagram Interactions (other than a regram), Tweets and Facebook Interactions will not qualify for an Entry. All Entries must comply with the requirements of these Official Rules, including without limitation the requirements of Sections 16 and 17.
5. There are five (5) prizes available to be won through the Contest (each a “Prize”) consisting of the following:
- a ticket for each of the Winner and his/her guest (“Guest”) to attend a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game at the Air Canada Center (Toronto, Ontario) on February 25, 2017 (“Hockey Game”) with Darcy Tucker; and
- a dinner (“Dinner”) with Darcy Tucker on February 25, 2017 prior to the Hockey Game at a location to be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion (details of the Dinner be determined in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor). The approximate retail value of each Prize is two thousand dollars ($2,000.00 CAD).
6. All incidental costs and expenses associated with the Prize that are not specifically referred to herein, including (without limitation and as applicable) transportation to and from the Dinner and Hockey Game, meals and beverages (other than the Dinner), gratuities, souvenirs and other items of a personal nature are not included and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
7. Each Prize Winner and his/her Guest must follow all directions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to the Prize or any aspect thereof. Failure to do so may result in termination of participation, or continued participation, in the Prize or any aspect thereof.
8. Five (5) Entries will be randomly selected from all of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period during a draw held on December 15, 2016 at 11 King Street West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario (the “Contest Draw”).
9. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Only one (1) Prize may be won per person, per Facebook account, per Twitter account, per Instagram account and per household.
CLAIMING OF PRIZES
10. Each participant whose Entry has been selected through the Contest Draw (the “Selected Participant”) will be notified by the Contest Sponsor through electronic communication within 24 hours following the Contest Draw. Upon notification, the Selected Participant must respond through the communication method described in the notification, and the Selected Participant’s response must be received by the Contest Sponsor within 2 days of such notification. If the Selected Participant does not respond in accordance with these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another eligible Entry may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as a participant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Participant to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a Selected Participant’s response.
11. In order to be declared the winner of a Prize (each a “Winner”), the Selected Participant must comply with the following conditions:
- The Contest Sponsor will send each Selected Participant a declaration and release form (the “Declaration and Release”) whereby the Selected Participant acknowledges and confirms, amongst other things, that: (i) he or she is eligible for the Contest; (ii) the Official Rules have been complied with; (iii) he or she accepts the Prize as offered, (iv) he or she grants to the Contest Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Contest Sponsor discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; and (iv) he or she releases the Contest Sponsor and any organization participating in the award of the Prize or the Contest and their respective employees from any and all liability for any harm, accident, loss or prejudice related to the Contest, the Prize or the use of the Prize. The completed and executed Declaration and Release must be returned within 1 day following its receipt by the Selected Participant, failing which the Selected Participant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- The Selected Participant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, at a mutually agreeable time and location.
12. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
13. In the event of a dispute related to the person who submitted an Entry, such Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account, Facebook account or Twitter account used to submit the Entry. The Selected Participant may be required by the Contest Sponsor to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the relevant Instagram account, Facebook account or Twitter account.
14. In order to participate in a Prize, the Guest must (i) be a Canadian resident and be at least of the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence; and (ii) sign and return the a release in such form and substance acceptable to Sponsor (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating (among other things) that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (as defined below) relating to his/her participation in the Prize.
15. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor. At the Contest Sponsor’s discretion, verification may include the obligation to provide a piece of photo identification showing a valid address. Any Entry that is incomplete, fraudulent, lost, illegible, not in accordance with the provisions of these Official Rules or received after the Contest Period will be automatically rejected and will not give any right to a Prize. The decision of the Contest Sponsor to this effect is final and without appeal.
16. Each participant represents that his/her Instagram Interaction, Tweet and/or Facebook Interaction does not violate any law, legislation or regulation, does not violate the rights of any third party, is not defamatory and will not contain references to any of the following: alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of the Contest Sponsor); endorsement or encouragement of any illegal or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals; commercial messages; comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of the Contest Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsor may refuse to post, or may remove from the Sponsor Facebook Page any post or comment that, in the Contest Sponsor’s opinion, does not meet these standards.
17. By posting photos, text, or any other content (the “Work”) via Twitter, Instagram or on the Sponsor Facebook Page in connection with the Contest, each participant grants to the Contest Sponsor a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and non-exclusive license to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, beginning on the date of Entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. The participants hereby confirm that the Work is an original work, solely created by the participant and represents to the Contest Sponsor that the Work does not infringe any copyright interest of any third party. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each participants waives any and all moral rights in his/her Work.
18. The Contest’s computer system (the “Contest Computer”) serves to regulate all technological and time-related aspects of the Contest and, among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All decisions linked to time-related aspects as recorded or otherwise regulated by the Contest Computer are final and binding in all respects.
19. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude from the Contest and any other contest or future promotion organized by the Contest Sponsor, any person guilty or suspected of being guilty of having tampered with the treatment of the Entries, the Contest process or the Sponsor Facebook Page, of having violated these Official Rules or having acted in a manner which adversely affects or is intended to disturb, abuse, threaten or harass another person. A participant or any other person who attempts to deliberately damage a website or hinder the legitimacy of the Contest process commits criminal and civil offences and the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in such case, to claim damages to the extent permitted by law.
20. By participating in this Contest, participants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, by the Contest Sponsor, the Contest organizer and their authorized service providers and agents, for the purposes of administering the Contest. By accepting a prize, each Winner consents to the collection, use and public disclosure of their names, addresses (city, province), voices, statements, photos or other representations for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or other format, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Except as otherwise stipulated in these Official Rules, no communication, commercial or otherwise, that is not related to the Contest will be sent to participants by the Contest Sponsor, except if the participant has otherwise authorized the Contest Sponsor or its affiliated companies, when appropriate, to do so. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without the participant’s consent.
21. Each Winner acknowledges that, upon receipt of their Prize, the execution of services related to their Prize becomes the entire and exclusive responsibility of the Prize supplier and that relevant guarantee will be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the manufacturers, suppliers, distributors or retailers. In order to be declared Winners, and prior to receiving their Prize, the Selected Participants agree to sign a declaration to this effect, which will be included in the Declaration and Release.
22. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to refuse admission and/or to expel from any other aspect of the Prize, any person whose conduct is deemed by them to be objectionable. Participation in the Prize is subject to compliance with all applicable laws, by-laws, regulations and any applicable facility or carrier rules; failure to comply may result in non-admission or expulsion from further participation in the Prize
23. Each Prize Winner and his/her Guest acknowledge and accept all risk of damages, injury or other loss incidental to the Dinner and Hockey Game, whether occurring before, during or after the Dinner or Hockey Game, and hereby voluntarily agree to assume the same. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for, and each participant by entering or attempting to enter the Contest hereby releases the Contest Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from, any loss, damage, demands, liabilities, or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing the Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) the malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communication line relating to the loss or absence of any communication network, or relating to any transmission rendered inadequate, delayed, mistakenly sent, incomplete, illegible or erased by any computer, fax or network, and which could limit or prevent an individual’s ability to enter the Contest; and (ii) any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any software and by the transmission of any information required for Entry in the Contest; and (iii) any damage or loss that may be caused by late, lost or illegible Entries.
24. Subject to first obtaining any necessary governmental authorizations, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Contest or to amend, modify or make additions to these Official Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, only the type and number of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded in the Contest. If, by reason of printing, programming, production or other errors, omissions or for any other reason whatsoever, the number of potential winners claiming prizes exceeds the number of prizes of each type set out in these Official Rules, the winners or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the number of prizes to be won in the category in question according to these Official Rules may, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be selected by means of a random draw among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Participation in such a draw shall be the sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances for any eligible person having submitted an Entry into the Contest.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE
25. Although this Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of any third party social media or social networking service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”), participants acknowledge that: (i) this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; (ii) if entry into this Contest is by means of a Third Party Service, participants must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and must comply with the applicable Third Party Service’s terms and policies; and (iii) any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not to any Third Party Service. By participating in this Contest, you completely release any Third Party Service of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
26. The Contest is governed by federal, provincial and municipal law and regulations. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or these Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.